Thursday, November 15, 2012

The quality of the Lietuvos paštas



If I'm counting right, today I've got the 300th mail posted from Lithuania. The 300th mail was a stampless prepaid regular priority letter from Druskininkai posted on 12 November 2012 to Tokyo, Japan. It is just 3 days ago. From my experience, the Lietuvos paštas/Lithuanian Post is fast, reliable and efficient. I have received it mainly in Czech Republic and Japan over the last 10 years but so far the number of missing mail is ZERO. The speed of delivery is also impressive, all of the last 10 priority mails I have received in Tokyo, took just 3 working days according to the postmarks. Registered mails are a bit slower but also never failed to reach the destination within 6 working days. Most of my correspondences are between European countries and I had some bad experiences with Italy and Great Britain, not just once. The US can be terribly slow depending on where you are corresponding. Many people believe that western countries offer better postal services but as far as I know, Lithuanian postal services are better than most of the western countries. From my opinion, the European countries that offer very fast and reliable postal service are: Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Finland, Czech Republic, Germany, Luxembourg, Sweden, Denmark, Slovenia, Croatia and (surprisingly) Spain. I imagine Noway or Iceland could be as good as those countries but I had never a chance to get anything from there. Switzerland? Not as fast as it should be..

2 comments:

  1. Very quick service indeed! Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but I'm so used to this now that 3 days seems perfectly normal to me nowdays. It would be interesting to know how long it actually takes to get to other countries.

    ReplyDelete