Monday, July 22, 2013

Šiauliai 1975


Yes, Yes, Yes! Well, most of the readers of this blog are probably wondering why I'm getting excited for such common low catalog value stamp. Indeed, this Soviet stamp is not rare at all, but "rarity" depends on the perspective! Usually, non-Lithuanian themed Soviet stamps can't be added to my collection because it has nothing to do directly with Lithuania. So, if I find a non-Lithuanian themed Soviet stamp I like, I need to find the one cancelled in Lithuania. This makes collecting Soviet stamps pretty complicated for me but I just can't change the criteria of my collection... I was looking for this 1967 Soviet international woman's day stamp (Tarptautinė moters diena in Lithuanian, such beautiful stamp!) and after 6 years of search, I finally got it! I probably went through a couple of hundred of this same stamp, each time disappointed to see Москва/Moscow CTO. I have other Soviet stamps on the list but I get the feeling that it's going to be a long ride...
By the way, the stamp is cancelled in 1975 in Шяуляй/Šiauliai central post office.

2 comments:

  1. It's really a very nice stamp and your criteria acually is important, because this makes collecting more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Julija! Collecting stamps is indeed like a puzzle, finding pieces that fit "my collection". So far, I'm enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete